September 21, 2015

Home Tour + Entryway

I think it's about time for another room tour, don't you?

I've been waiting to have everything done before I continued doing room tours but I'm starting to realize that I'm never going to be done so at least once a month (that's my goal anyway) I plan to do a post on each room of our house. Besides, no room stays the same forever, right?

In case you missed them, I've already posted our Theatre room and TnT's room.

Now, on to our entryway!

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

The footprint of our entryway is pretty much the only space that didn't really change when we re-built our house. Sometimes I wish we had done something different but our options were pretty limited with the space so we just stuck with the original layout.

Our entryway is a typical entryway…there's a space for an entry table and a coat closet. The coat closet never gets used. I wanted to transform it by taking out the bar and adding hooks because it's easier to hang coats on hooks than hangers, right? I thought that might get people to use the coat closet but I got vetoed by my other half. Back to brainstorming.

Jumping back to a couple months ago…..I was out in our barn and came across 2 tornado salvaged plaques with hooks and thought surely I could find a place for them. I grabbed those plaques and put them in a storage tub of other things I had come across to repurpose and use in the house.

In the past month or so, I've been seeing entryways on Pinterest with board and batten and hooks and have fallen in love with the way they look. Well one day I passed that tub of home décor items I had set aside and spotted those plaques with hooks and immediately had a light bulb moment! I suddenly had a vision of what my entryway could look like!

I grabbed a can of white spray paint (Rustoleum is my favorite right now because it goes on thick and smooth so it doesn't require too many coats) and got to work.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

I am so happy with the way they turned out!

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Next it was time to add some décor above the hooks. A good friend of mine had the name cross picture made for us as a housewarming gift. It has been moved around our house until this project when it found it's permanent home. I also had been wanting the wooden hello since the first time I saw it at Hobby Lobby. When I noticed it was selling out fast, I decided to snatch one up quick. It goes perfectly in the entryway where everyone can see it when they hang their coats and/or purses on the hooks.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Maybe now people will feel welcome and know immediately where to hang up their purses and coats when they walk in to our home.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Don't you think it just makes the space feel complete and cozy. It also frees up space in our coat closet for other storage. Hmm…that just gave me another idea! Another post for another day though.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Although I think I could use a couple more things for the entryway table….like a lamp and some other décor.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

I found this white bowl at a vintage flea market with another home in mind for it but I think it works better here.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

The squirrel never got packed up from last Thanksgiving. He was just too cute to pack up so I left him there to help welcome our guests.

Home Tour | A Cozy & Welcoming Entryway

 

This post is linked up at:
Lamberts Lately

2 comments:

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...