September 14, 2015

Easy One Pot (or Pan) Meals

Now that school and all the extra curricular activities that come with it has started up, I thought I'd share some easy one pot meals for those nights that you feel semi-rushed to get dinner on the table.

Since my girls only go to school 2.5 hours every day, we aren't as rushed right now but I know there will come a day when we are going in several different directions and it will be quite the task to get dinner on the table. When that day comes, I will be glad that I have these recipes that I can start as soon as they get home from school and have them ready by the time JMac gets home from work.

These recipes only require one pot so you don't have to worry about a lot of extra dishes to clean up! Plates, cups and utensils can be thrown in the dishwasher and the pot can soak overnight for easy cleaning the next morning.

With the weather (hopefully) turning cooler soon, this One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese is sure to keep you warm. This recipe makes a ton so you're sure to have leftovers for another meal!

One Pot Recipe Roundup | This One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese makes enough for 2 meals!

Another favorite of ours is this One Pan Chicken Alfredo. This meal was one of the first with noodles that my girls would eat and they will eat every last bit on their plates. One time I tried to make it meatless and much to my surprise, they were very disappointed there was no chicken. I won't make that mistake again!

One Pan Recipe Roundup | This Chicken Alfredo is kid and budget friendly!

We are not out of the can sloppy joe eaters in this house but I was determined to find a sloppy joe recipe that we liked. I was pleasantly surprised to find this Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe recipe that we loved on the first try. If you are a loyal to the canned version, you may not like this because it tastes nothing like it. This recipe is MUCH better. Now this one is a crock pot recipe but that's one pot so it counts, right? Especially if you brown your beef right in the crockpot!

One Pot Recipe Roundup | These sloppy joes are much better than the typical canned variety...and just as budget friendly!

One of my favorite dishes that I only get around the holidays is broccoli & rice casserole.  I'm not sure why we only make it around the holidays but when I found this One Pan Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice recipe I made it almost immediately! A quick and easy comfort food meal for your family that can't be beat.

One Pot Recipe Roundup | This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice is a quick and easy comfort food meal!

This last one pot recipe is quite the crowd pleaser. I had heard about Spicy Sausage Pasta for months before I decided to finally give it a try. Much to my surprise I loved it and my hubby did too!

One Pot Recipe Roundup | This spicy sausage pasta is a grown up version of Mac & Cheese with cut up hot dogs.

 

To see other recipes I'm trying out, follow me on Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. The spicy sausage pasta is one of our favorites! I can't wait to try the chili mac and cheese this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...