August 10, 2015

Color Me Happy Birthday Party

So much has happened since the girl's birthday party that I haven't had a chance to blog about it. I knew I'd get around to it eventually but I didn't think it would take me a month!

They had requested a rainbow/my little pony party but by the time I got around to prepping for the party I just didn't have time (to be read as "want") to incorporate the ponies so it was all rainbows and the girls loved it!

Their invitation was a labor of love. I went through 3 drafts before I came up with a design that I liked. I also printed the envelopes to match the invitations. Since their birthday, like mine, is around 4th of July, I decided to have the party the weekend after their birthday.

TnT-Rainbow-Invitation   06 25 15_9815

I purchased most of my party supplies and paper goods at Wal-Mart. I love that they have good quality supplies for close to $1!

I had the Spritz White balloons in my party stash and I made the tassel banner using tissue paper from my gift wrapping stash. The Rainbow balloon was purchased from Amazon and is still floating around in our family room a month later!

07 11 15_9648

I used plastic table cloths to create the backdrop behind the sweets table. Right before the party I found the white trays at Target and thought they'd be perfect to hold the cookies and cupcakes.

I decided to go easy on the food menu and just order pizza. The cupcakes were a pinterest find that I had a local bakery duplicate. I could not figure out how to get the candy rainbows to keep their shape! The rainbow fruit cups were a huge hit!

07 11 15_965007 11 15_965107 11 15_9653

To keep up with my tradition, my beverage station was stocked with Crush sodas along with tea, water and juice boxes.

07 11 15_965407 11 15_9655

I can't believe my babies are FOUR and starting Pre-K in a little less than 2 weeks!

07 11 15_9649

Party Supply Sources

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...