August 19, 2015

Randoms + All About Shopping

I don't get out much to shop except for maybe Target and the grocery store. Occasionally, I'll drag my girls into HomeGoods, since it's by Target. They haven't quite gotten the shopping bug yet so dragging them in there is almost like torture for them. Thankfully, they have an aisle of toys that I can use to bribe them…"If you are good and let me shop, I'll let you look/play with the toys for a few minutes when I'm done." It almost always works.

Yesterday I was on the hunt for tote bags for the girls for school so of course we had to make some extra stops.

Candy Dishes

I found these cute candy dishes at Michael's. They were 60% off and being the party planner/party printable designer that I am, I HAD to buy them! Would you believe they are plastic? Also, that smaller cylinder shaped one is divided.

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Lamps

I just can't keep from looking at lamps when I go to HomeGoods and Hobby Lobby. It never fails that I find one or two….or four that I want to bring home with me but if I did that, I'd have to open up a lighting store….or maybe a museum so I could keep them.

As I was perusing through Hobby Lobby (while one of my four year olds was yelling at me to focus and that we were there to find tote bags) these caught my eye. They would look great on a buffet in a dining room or on a dresser in a bedroom, don't you think?

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Moving on to HomeGoods….I debated on getting this lamp for my craft room/newly turned office but I have another specific lamp in mind. I loved the rectangle shade!

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

This one stopped me in my tracks. I literally had to force myself to walk away from this lamp. With the grey ribbon trim, it would have looked great anywhere in my house!

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Ok now this lamp base and shade from Target did come home with me. We moved a small cabinet into our family room and JMac thought it needed a lamp because that particular side of the room tends to be a little dark in the evening. We already have a wooden floor lamp so we thought a smaller version might help balance out the room.

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Pillows

Back to HomeGoods, I was texting a friend who was also at HomeGoods (in another state…and by pure coincidence) and had found a banquette. I walked by these pillows and thought, "those would look great on her bench!" So I texted her a picture with a "you need these" message and she texted me back a picture of the same pillows with a message, "great minds think alike".

The color scheme matches my house perfectly as well. I'm thinking they might look good in my master suite if I can ever get it done.

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Furniture

Last but not least, my most favorite finds this week were at HomeGoods. One I purchased and the other I only wished I could purchase.

I literally gasped when I spotted this nightstand/chest. It's exactly what I've been wanting for my master bedroom. I even posted a similar version on my Master Bedroom Design Board.

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

For the item I brought home, with JMac's help of course, was this media cabinet. Our old one was from the previous house and was banged up pretty good. It was also, in my opinion too short and bulky for the space. When we spotted this beauty as soon as we walked in the door, we knew we had to have it.

Just Wait til You have Kids | Fave Home Decor Finds

Now to fill up those empty shelves and get something on that empty wall.

1 comment:

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...