August 30, 2015

Design Style + Mix & Chic

In the last few years my design style has changed a bit. I went from country to rustic to now more of a transitional style. However, even though I classify myself as transitional, I still like to mix in other styles into my d├ęcor. I think it makes it feel more comfortable and inviting that way.

Recently, I was asked by Chairish to join in on their Mix n Chic Style Challenge. This challenge was to design a space of my choice that incorporated the Shabby Chic style. Since I am still trying to decide what to do with my master bedroom, I decided to create a look for a master suite.

When I start designing a space, Sometimes I start with one main piece of furniture and work from that and sometimes I pick a color palette first. This time I started with a color palette.

In my mind a master suite needs to be calming and comfortable. This rug gave me my color inspiration. I love how it has many of the neutral colors but then it has that pop of Blue to keep it from being to blah and boring. I used that blue as an accent color in my design.

Chairish Mix & Chic Design Challenge - Mixing Shabby Chic with other Styles

 

When designing a space, I think the best way to go about it is to chose things you love and not necessarily stick to a specific style. Having an eclectic, mix and match room filled with things that you love, in my opinion, is much better than a matchy match room that feels more like an exhibit that you don't want to be in. As you can see in my inspiration board, there are a few different styles represented.

Chairish Mix & Chic Style Challenge - Mixing Shabby Chic with other styles

The following Shabby Chic pieces are from Chairish:

Just Wait til You have Kids | Chairish Shabby Chic Mirror from Chairish

Geometric Gray Wooden Mirror

Just Wait til You have Kids | Lane Vintage Chest from Chairish

Lane Vintage Chest

Just Wait til You have Kids | Angelus Deanville Provincial Dresser from Chairish

Angelus Deanville Provincial Dresser

 

What do you think? Do you like to mix styles when you decorate or do you prefer a room that is all one style?

*Chairish.com makes it fun and easy for design lovers to buy and sell vintage furniture, decor, jewelry and accessories to one another. Our shop exclusively features curator-approved treasures in a full-service and trustworthy environment.

**I was asked by a representative of Chairish.com to join in this Mix & Chic Style challenge. I accepted the challenge in hopes to inspire my readers. This was not a compensated post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...