July 20, 2015

Broccoli Salad + The Perfect Summer Side Dish




Broccoli-Salad + The Perfect Summer Side Dish

I've never been a broccoli fan…actually I've never been a fan of any of the ingredients in this salad (texture issues) except the bacon. Bacon gets me almost every time.

My first experience with this broccoli salad was at a wedding. I helped make a tub (literally, a rubbermaid tub) of it for over 100 guests. I wasn't a big fan of it then but for some reason, this year my taste for it has changed. I recently made it for a cookout and it was the perfect side!

You get the sweetness from the grapes and the dressing, the salty from the bacon and the crunch from the broccoli and onions. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!

Broccoli-Salad + The Perfect Summer Side Dish

 

Broccoli Salad

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups broccoli flowerets (chopped into bite sized pieces)
  • 2 cups of red grapes, quartered
  • 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
  • 1/4 lb crisp bacon, crumbled

*Dressing*

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar

Directions:

Mix dressing ingredients until blended and refrigerate until ready to use.

Mix broccoli, grapes, bacon and onion.

Add dressing just before serving.

Printable Recipe Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...