June 16, 2015

Taco Tuesday Essentials

Tuesday to me will always mean, Tacos!

What can I say, I love Mexican Food. So much so that I have almost all of the kitchen essentials to open a Mexican restaurant. My pantry is always stocked with refried beans, tortillas, corn chips and ingredients for cheese dip. In my fridge you will almost always find sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Oh and cheese! Can't forget about the cheese!

My Favorite tacos lately are shredded beef tacos served on corn tortillas (recipe below).

Shredded-Beef-Tacos

Shredded Beef Tacos

Ingredients:

  • 2lb Beef Roast (I usually get whatever is on sale)
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced or chopped
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:

Mix together spices in a small bowl. Place roast and onion in the crockpot and sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the the roast and onion. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

After 6-8 hours (and when the roast is tender) shred the roast with two forks, place back in crockpot and set crockpot to warm (if you have the warm option, if not low is fine).

Meanwhile, set out your toppings (cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lettuce and tomato in salsa bowls and warm up your corn tortillas in a tortilla warmer. Set the table with taco plates and all the fixins and enjoy your Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...