June 10, 2015

Sweet Summer Time

Sweet Summer. I just love Summer. Why does it seem to always end so quickly?

Last weekend was a good weekend. On Friday, we went to our very first concert in the park with my sister and her family. It was so much fun! The park has their stage situated not far from the playgrounds so we found a spot that was perfect to be able to keep our eyes on the kids while also enjoying the concert. It was a win win for everyone! The band playing that night did covers for some classic oldies….like Take it Easy, Brown-eyed Girl, Brick House, and Sweet Emotion. They were really good!

06 05 15_8879

I also captured the most beautiful sunset that night.

06 05 15_8883

Saturday we basically spent the day outside and the girls dug in the dirt, played in their pool and chased fireflies when it got dark.

06 06 15_886806 06 15_8871

I tried to get a picture of the lightning bugs as they lit up but it just wasn't happening. The girls did great and caught a lot of them with their bug nets. We, of course, released them before heading inside.

06 06 15_8872

Sunday was spent doing much of the same. JMac put a coat of stain on the girls playset while the girls dug, swam and chased fireflies. I'm pretty sure they would live outside if they could. Oh, we also ate popsicles and discovered a new friend on our patio.

06 07 15_886306 07 15_8862
06 07 15_8864

I have a feeling our weekends will consist of pretty much the same as last weekend. I do have a couple of special outings planned for sometime this summer though. I want to soak up as much of this weather as I can because it will be over before we know it and the girls will be in school and I'll be complaining about how cold it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...