May 4, 2015

The Best Sweet & Spicy Pizza Sauce




The Best Pizza Sauce | Just Wait til You have Kids

We are a pizza loving family. If you follow my Weekly Meal Plans, you may have noticed that pizza is consistently on our meal plan every week.

It wasn't until recently that I started making homemade pizza….from scratch. Yep, I make the dough, the pizza sauce and even the sausage toppings from scratch. Did you know making your own sausage is SO easy to make and takes no time at all. That's another recipe for another day though.

This pizza sauce is the best I've ever had. If you like a sweet sauce then you will like this recipe. If you like your sauce a little spicy well then this recipe is for you too! It's the best of both worlds. I like this pizza sauce so much that I even use the seasoning mixture in my spaghetti sauce! It's that good.

The Best Pizza Sauce | Just Wait til You have Kids

The Best Sweet & Spicy Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 1 6oz can tomato paste
  • 1 6oz can water
  • 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 3/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp marjoram
  • 1/4 tsp basil
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

Dump all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Cover and put in fridge for about 20 minutes (the longer it sits the better the flavor.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...