April 23, 2015

Master Bedroom Design

Why is it that the master bedroom is usually the last room that get's decorated (if at all)? Ours is no exception.

Our previous master bedroom after 14 years was almost complete….it just needed paint. That obviously never happened. Now the new master bedroom has paint but isn't complete décor wise.

The reason ours hasn't been completed this time is since I had planned to do more entertaining in this house, I wanted those spaces to be done first. Once I got to the master, the money had simply run out. This was not a surprise to us as we purposely put most of our money into the bones of the house with the thinking that we can buy furniture and décor anytime and major renovations would be less likely to happen.

But at least I have a plan! Here is my design board for our master bedroom.

Master Bedroom Mood Board

I plan to add color with the details….pillows, décor for the bookshelves, wall art, etc.

We are currently using the furniture we had in our master bedroom before. We have thought about refinishing/painting some of it to but it is all pretty banged up from going through a tornado so I'm not sure how good it would look.

Sources

These are the things I already own:

  • Upholstered Bed (Bernhardt) – Mathis Brothers (Special Order)
  • Nightstand Lamps – Hobby Lobby
  • Tufted Back Slipper Chairs – Target
  • Tufted Ottoman – Target
  • Paint – Color match to Glidden's Granite Grey (looks a little blue on my screen but doesn't at all in the room with a lot of natural light)

Sources for the other items:

  • Nightstands, bedding, pillows, media cabinet, chests and bookshelves – Joss & Main
  • Window Treatments – Bed, Bath & Beyond
  • Table in sitting area - Target

2 comments:

  1. OHHHH!! I love this ;) I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see it either! ;) Might be a little while longer though. :(

      Delete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...