March 9, 2015

Weekend Recap

TnT-Umbrellas

We woke up today to rain and it's been raining ALL day. I'm ready for some sunshine!

Ok, on to our weekend recap….with bullet points.

Friday Night

  • My parents came over for pizza and movie night. We watched Book of Life. It was a pretty cute movie but not sure it's one we will be adding to our collection.

 

Saturday

 

  • My FIL came over to entertain JMac & the girls while I knocked out some Saturday chores. Just kidding, he came over for a visit and I just snuck away to get some things done.

 

  • Speaking of chores, JMac and I worked on cleaning out our 3rd car garage. Our plans have always been to make it a workout room and now that the weather is getting warmer, it's time to start getting bathing suit ready so the workout room has become a priority.

 

  • We had a little mishap with our alarm system Saturday evening. An unfortunate placement of a smoke detector outside of our bathroom led to the fire department being called out to our house and then we couldn't get the dang alarm to go off.

 

  • To try to calm our nerves from the alarm situation, we all got our jammies on and headed up to the theatre room and watched The Box Trolls (our theatre room has more than paid for itself with the amount of time we spend up there). I thought the movie was weird and didn't really get it. JMac & (I'm pretty sure) the girls agreed. Am I missing something with this movie??

Sunday

  • I got up before everyone else and made some blueberry muffins from scratch (recipe). They were so good! They tasted just like my favorite Betty Crocker Blueberry muffins (the kind with the Real blueberries). They weren't that pretty but delicious so who cares, right?

From Scratch Blueberry Muffins

  • I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning up the laundry room, meal planning, making my grocery and just getting ready for the week ahead. It's kind of my Sunday ritual.

So we had a pretty good weekend. The sun was shining and the weather was beautiful so we were all in a great mood. We are looking forward to more warm sunny days so hopefully the good weather is here to stay.

1 comment:

  1. That photo with the umbrellas is precious! they are so cute! I haven't seen either of those movies but we are hooked on Big Hero 6 and The Lion King lately.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...