February 5, 2015

Organizing Your Home Maintenance Supplies

When we were designing our house I may have gone a little crazy with the cabinets. So much so that it put us way over budget on the house. I have no regrets though because now EVERYTHING has a place and if it doesn't fit anywhere, it goes away.

Many of our cabinets are not yet organized they way I want them but I do have one cabinet that I am pretty happy with and I'm sharing it with you today.

Home-Maintance-Cabinet

When we moved in to the house, all the batteries, light bulbs and picture hanging supplies were just lying around all over the countertop in our laundry room. Finally, I couldn't take seeing it lying around cluttering up the laundry room so I decided to do something about it. I gathered storage items I already had and got to work.

If you have kids, you probably have lots of batteries. Not only do we have toys that require batteries but I also have a husband that hoards electronics so we buy batteries in bulk. I sorted all of our batteries into the two mini drawer sets and put them on the bottom shelf. One of these days I might actually get around to labeling them. That little basket to the right is for our command hooks.

The middle shelf houses our light bulbs. Ideally, they'd be sorted by type and wattage but we have such an array of bulbs that I just grouped them together the best I could. In one box is the normal CFL bulbs and the other are more of the specialty bulbs.

Home-Maintenance-Light-Bulb

I used the top shelf for less frequently used items such as flashlights, extension cords and our picture hanging supplies. All grouped accordingly as you can see in the picture below.

Home Maintenance Cabinet (4 of 4)

This system is working really well for us. Every thing having it's place just makes this wanna be super organized person, very happy.

Now to get the other 3043983 cabinets and closets in our house this organized.

Home-Maintenance-Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...