February 8, 2015

Homeschool Preschool + Week 2

This week we focused on the letter 'E', the number '2' and the triangle.

Our theme this week was 'E' for Elephant.

Homeschool-W2-Letter-E-Move
Homeschool-W2-Letter-E Homeschool-W2-Letter-E2

We did a lot of the same activities as last week. There were a couple of activities this week that ended up being a little too complex for them at this point (this curriculum is technically for age 4) so we ended up nixing those activities until I feel they are more ready.

We went to the library one day to pick up our books for the week and we had so much fun that I plan to make it a weekly thing.

Homeschool-W2-Library-Time

I've also started utilizing YouTube for some of the lessons like days of the week, months of the year, etc. I'll be doing a post on our favorite videos soon.

Homeschool-W2-DOTW

At the end of the week, we took a field trip to the zoo to see the elephants! The weather was perfect and we had so much fun. The girls were so inquisitive so there was lots of learning that day.

I was a little lax this week in our schedule. After our full days Monday through Wednesday, we are all exhausted and focusing on "school work" seems to be a little difficult so I am seriously considering lumping the daily assignments together into just a couple of days a week.  I'll let you know how that goes should we go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...