January 9, 2015

Five on Friday | Small Updates

I just thought I'd give a quick update on how we are doing around here.

Hello Antibiotics!
At the beginning of the week, I finally got some antibiotics for whatever respiratory crap I had. I'm glad to say my energy is back! The coughing is hanging around but it's not near as bad as it was.

JMac's Recovery
He's doing well but going stir crazy. He can't drive and he hates walking around on crutches so the only time he's really left the house (because he can't drive) is for his post-op appointments. While we are all driving each other a little crazy it's been nice to have him home to help keep the girls busy when I really need to get something done. I'm also so ready for him to get better because I hate doing some of the things he does like haul our trash cans to the curb (we have a long driveway) in the freezing rain. Seriously y'all. That was NO fun. I will never take advantage of the things he does ever again.

BRRRRRR!
I know just about everyone else is freezing with these cold temps. We seem to have a heat distribution issue in our house though because our bedroom is getting down to 64 degrees at times! For reference, we have our thermostat set on 70-71 degrees. If I could, I would skip the rest of Winter, leap over Spring (for obvious reasons if you've been a loyal reader) and sprint straight to Summer.

Bye Bye Christmas!
Now that I'm feeling better I decided to start taking down Christmas d├ęcor. I started yesterday with the tree in the girls' playroom. They were a little sad at first but when I told them I was going to put their new Frozen tent in it's place, they were ok with it. One tree down, two to go. Maybe I'll finish getting it all packed up this weekend.

Back to Normal
We start back on our normal schedule next week. I'm kind of looking forward to it but at the same time I've been kinda spoiled with not having to do anything or be anywhere if I don't want to. I haven't even wanted to leave the house! I'm such a homebody now. I know the girls will be more than happy to get out of the house though.

Linking up for Five on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...