November 17, 2014

Thanksgiving Menu

Growing up we had a big Thanksgiving meal every year. It was always at my Great Aunt's house and her huge dining room table was always so full of food that we often had to eat in the living room or out on her enclosed patio.

I miss those Thanksgiving dinners.

There's not as many in our family as there was back then so our meals aren't as big. That's ok though because we can start new traditions.

This year we are hosting Thanksgiving so I prepared a menu ahead of time so I could start buying ingredients ahead of time rather than rushing around last minute.

This is our menu for this year.

Thanksgiving 2014 Menu

I planned appetizers to keep the men out of the kitchen. It seems they always gather in the kitchen to snack and pick at the foods we're making rather than actually helping. These will be served in the dining room, AWAY from the kitchen. lol

Roasted brussel sprouts is kind of a new thing on our typical Thanksgiving menu. However, this picky eater who has trouble eating veggies is all about roasted brussel sprouts. You know, the kind with bacon and onion. YUM! I can't wait until Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin and Pecan pie is always a staple for Thanksgiving meals. While I love me a good piece of pumpkin pie with a huge dollop of whip cream on top, chocolate merengue pie is speaking my love language.

So that's our menu for this year. I'm sure there may be some other dishes that will show up, and that's perfectly ok with me! What does your menu look like and what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

1 comment:

  1. We have turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry jello salad, and pie! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...