September 16, 2014

Our Fall Schedule

We started our new schedule last week. By Tuesday I was completely exhausted (I took a 2 hour nap with the girls if that tells you anything). Of course, we were all getting over head colds so some of that exhaustion may have been because we were a little bit under the weather.

I tried my best to have our week planned out but it turns out, life doesn't always happen according to a schedule…..especially if you have toddlers.

We went from having basically no schedule to a pretty busy one. We now have speech therapy twice a week, bible study once a week and homeschool. Not to mention I'm also trying to keep up with a blog and an Etsy shop. I'm also trying to fit in some exercise by walking a couple times per week.

New Schedule Week 1-Park

This was our first day of our new schedule….

I woke up way past my alarm and rushed to get in the shower before the girls woke up. While I'm in the shower they show up peering at me in the shower. I finished up quickly and got out of the shower.

I turned on cartoons to keep the girls busy so I could finish getting ready. Once I was ready, I threw some Eggo's in the toaster and gathered up all the stuff we needed to take with us to speech.

As herd the girls out the door I grabbed the Eggo's out of the toaster and passed them out. We got in the car and headed out (but not before I said "GET IN YOUR SEAT SO I CAN BUCKLE YOU IN") five million times.

We barely made it to speech on time. It went quickly and before I knew it we were headed back to the car and heading home.

When we got home, I grabbed stuff to make lunch and got it on the table right as scheduled. Once we were done, we headed upstairs to have school.

New Schedule Week 1

After school time, I attempted to enforce nap time. I failed. I ended up chasing toddlers and yelling "NO" six million times. I finally gave up and got everyone ready to head to the grocery store. Of course, the toddler twosome ended up falling asleep in the car on the way to the store. Good thing it's only 5 minutes away.

New Schedule Week 1-Nap

Surprisingly (and thankfully), we made it through the grocery store quickly and without any typical toddler behavior. We got home, unloaded the groceries, and I declared leftovers for dinner. The girls passed out on the couch at 4pm (there was that nap I was aiming for earlier).

The rest of our week went a little bit smoother but not much. By Friday I was done and it was raining so we ended up staying in our jammies and for school we worked on our fine motor skills with playdoh and pipe cleaners. Oh and we had a few dance parties.

New Schedule Week 1-Playdoh

Needless to say, I'm considering week one a trial run and am looking into making some adjustments this week.

It's all trial & error. We'll get there….eventually.


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...