September 23, 2014

Bath Time Shenanigans

TnT overall are good kids. When we are out, people stop me and tell me how good they are being. The cashiers at Target love them and are always giving them stickers.

However, this is not always the case……

Bath Time Shenanigans

The other night, I thought I would be fun mom and let the girls take a bath in our tub. The girls were beyond excited when I told them my plan.

I grabbed all of their bath essentials from their bathroom and headed down the hall to our master bathroom. When I saw how dirty our tub was (oops) ,I told the girls I had to clean out the tub first and I went back down the hall to the laundry room and grabbed some tub cleaner.

When I got back to our room, one of the girls had the bottle of body wash in her hands and was playing with it. I took it away and said, "this is only for the bath tub" and then I began to clean the tub. They went into our room and were wrestling and giggling.

Suddenly, just as I started rinsing the tub, I heard coming from our bedroom, "Sissy! You got soap on me!"

I immediately stopped what I was doing to see what was going on. What I found horrified me.

Here is the scene that I saw:

Girl #1 is standing on our bed across from Girl #2.

Girl #2 had somehow managed to sneak the body wash away once again and had the OPENED BOTTLE POINTED AT GIRL #1!

Also seen was a nice long stream of Veggie Tales Lavender body wash ON MY FAIRLY NEW COMFORTER.

To say I was upset is an understatement. I was so NOT ready to extend any grace to my children in that moment.

I yelled their names and then immediately yelled for JMac. When he arrived, I walked away. I had to. I needed a time out.

Because I needed to vent, I sent off a 'guess what your grandchildren just did' text to my mom to which she responded, "I don't even have words."  Me either Mom, me either.

Eventually I calmed down and they got their bath…..but not in my big fun tub.

Got any stories like this about your kids? I'd love to know my children aren't the only ones that pull these kinds of stunts.

heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...