June 19, 2014

Operation Make Our House a Home

Happy Thursday!

I have been taking every opportunity to try to furnish and decorate our home. It has been a slow and somewhat painful process.

Also, I'm picky…especially this go round.

I still don't have any of the rooms finished but I'm going to share little peeks of what we've done so far.

The theatre room is pretty much done. We are debating on whether or not we want to hang anything on the walls. I think we should at least hang something for people to see at the top of the stairs because my craft room is to the right and the theatre room is to the left.

photo 3 (42)


Did I post about the dining chairs? When I got the second set of chairs, I was a little disappointed in the color. It was not represented well at all online (and yes I know the colors on your screen vary but these were WAY off). But…..I ended up deciding to keep them once we put the room back together after our wood floors were re-done (don't even get me started on this topic). The dining room is almost done except for some things on the walls and décor.

photo 1 (67)


I got the legs to the other navy chair that we ordered from Joss & Main for the formal living area. We repaired, touched up and used a table that was in our house pre-tornado to go in between the two chairs. Now I  need a lamp, some curtains, a rug and décor to finish off this space.

photo 2 (63)


In the family room, we hung the curtains that I posted about yesterday.  Don't worry mom, I WILL steam them and get the wrinkles out. We moved the dresser we re-painted into the family room as well. I also posted about that yesterday if you want to see the before. The family room is also almost done. We just need to hang some pictures and add some décor.

photo 4 (26)

photo 5 (12)


That's about all we've accomplished so far. We have a huge to-do list for things we need to build, paint, etc. I need to pick up the pace on decorating too because TnT's party is in TWO WEEKS and I want to have a lot more done before then!

Sorry for the horrible iPhone pics. I promise I'll get my big girl camera out for the big reveals. :)


heather

1 comment:

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...