March 12, 2014

Soul Sisters

This was supposed to post yesterday but since I never know what day it is, I accidentally posted it for next week. So, I'm posting it today. :)


Last Friday, I had dinner with my best friend and all the way home I kept thinking how thankful I was to have her in my life.

God knew what He was doing when He planned for our paths cross.

We met our freshman year of college. She lived across the hall from me. We didn't know each other very well until we pledged together. Then at the end of our freshman year, we were kind of forced together when our respective roommates decided to room with other people and then devised a plan to have her and I room together our sophomore year. It was kind of like a blind roomie set up (with the blind part being that we had no idea what our roommates were up to).

Lucky for me, we clicked and rooming together was just the beginning of our lifelong friendship. We have many, many stories from our years of friendship….some I may some day share here and some that only she and I will ever know. We've been through many ups and downs together…always there for each other through them all. Some days I think I know her better than I know my own husband (she actually set me up with JMac…someday I'll share that story too).

Anyway, we had this dinner planned for almost a month and it couldn't have come at a better time. I had a rough week last week and just needed a beak and to be able to vent with no criticisms, judgment, or unsolicited advice. We do that for each other….we just listen.

She just finished building her house and moved in a couple weeks ago. When she told me they were going to sell their house and build a new one I was so excited for her. Little did I know that God had plans for me to also build a house at the same time. It's funny how He does that. Anyway, it's been nice to have both of us going through the process at the same time. Even though the circumstances were different, there have been many parallels that have helped us to understand what the other is going through.

I felt so much better after our night out.

She's the positive light in my storms of negativity.

She's like my soul mate but not. She's my soul sister.


heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...