March 13, 2014

I'm looking forward to…

It is no secret that I'm not a fan of apartment living.

This past week or so, building a house has got me down. Things have happened that have just taken the fun out of it and I'm to the point where I'm just done. I've even decided not to go to the house unless I know there is something new to see.

So, instead of focusing on the negative, I'm going to focus on the things I have to look forward to when we move home.

Having our own space. We are so cramped and on top of each other in the apartment. In the new house we will each have our own space. I will have my dream kitchen and craft room. JMac will have his metal building and his theatre room. The girls will have their room and a play room….and a huge 5 acre yard where they can run until their little hearts' content.

Peace and quiet. There will be no sounds of footsteps or furniture moving above us. We will not hear people yelling outside our door. The only sounds we will hear will be airplanes passing over (we live near an airport), an occasional neigh of a horse(es) and if we are outside at night, the howl of coyotes (just for the record, I am not at all a fan of this sound).

A kitchen big enough to move around in. When I am cooking in our tiny apartment kitchen, I dream about my new kitchen and the days that I will be preparing meals and baking with my girls, family gatherings where everyone congregates around the island while I cook and just preparing everyday meals for my little family. I'm pretty sure the kitchen is going to be my favorite room in the house. I expect that I will spend the majority of my days there (by choice, of course).  I spent months researching and planning my kitchen and I cannot wait to put it to use!

Storage. We might have gone a teeny bit over budget on cabinetry in the new house. Okay, it was a little more than a teeny bit but there will be no excuse for anything to not have a place. If we run out of storage space, then it's time to purge. If I've learned anything after surviving two tornadoes (the weather kind, not the twin toddler kind) and living in an apartment, it's that less IS more.

A pantry. I did not have a pantry in our house before and I don't really have a pantry in this apartment so to have a pantry with enough room to store ALL of our food and then some just makes me giddy.

A sink sprayer. It's sometimes the little things, isn't it? I have somehow managed to go without a sink sprayer in our apartment kitchen, though I can't tell you enough how much I miss having one. Who doesn't put sink sprayers in kitchen sinks?!

Most of all, I'm looking forward to having my home back. Though it's a little different than it was before, it's still the same. It's our home.

Even the girls seem to know that it's home….they are starting to understand. When we go to check on the progress, they have started throwing fits and crying when we tell them it's time to go. And when we pull into the apartment complex, one or both girls will again start to cry and protest. It breaks my heart but I tell them that one day soon, we will be home.


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...