February 15, 2014

Rebuild Update: Week 26-Completion Date

New Mills Rebuild Logo

We're finally warming up around here with no chance of rain or snow in the next week. I hope this means lots of stuff starts happening at the house because it's been sitting for two and a half weeks now with no progress.

That long with no progress means our completion date has been moved. I kind of expected to hear that we would go a week or so past our completion date but to hear it would be another month just devastated me. Our new completion date is now the end of April instead of end of March.

To say we were bummed was an understatement. I may have had a major pout fest for a day or two. Two more months in this apartment just seems like an eternity but I've made it this long, I can hang in there for a couple more months…..I think. (Although I'm hanging on by a thread right now.)

Right now the hold up is cabinets. Still. The new new new delivery date is next Wednesday. I'm really hoping to see cabinets then. Our builder tells me it's all hands on deck when the cabinets are delivered so hopefully, they'll be done quickly.

Hubby didn't like watching my pout fest so he tried to distract me with some retail therapy. I have to say, it worked. He was off on Thursday and Friday of this week so he suggested we go ahead and start couch hunting for the family room (we've been waiting until we were about a month out since we have little storage space left). We narrowed it down to a couple of sectionals but decided to sleep on it.

Instead of buying a couch that night, we ordered my new bed! I've had my eye on one for about 3-4 months so when we saw it was still available, we decided to go ahead and order it! It's a special order bed that takes 8-12 weeks so the timing of delivery, hopefully, will be perfect!

Bed for Master

After talking about it, we decided on a couch and so on Friday, we went back and bought our couch and ordered an ottoman to go with it. Thankfully, the store will hold the couch for us for about 6-8 weeks or until the ottoman is ready.

Here's a sneak peek of the couch.

Sectional for Family Room

Retail therapy is exhausting! After two days of shopping, I had had enough but thankfully, our two biggest purchases are out of the way.

Ok, now I have a favor to ask….Please, please, please pray that I have a good progress report for next week. Hopefully we'll at least have cabinets!


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...