February 20, 2014

5 Simple Ways to Save on Your Grocery Bill

In reading comments on my couponing posts, I've noticed that a lot of people tend to be intimidated by couponing. So for those who aren't ready to jump into the couponing game just yet, I thought I'd share 5 ways to save on your grocery bill.

5 Simple Ways to Save Money on your Grocery Bill

Meal Plan

You'd be amazed at how much money you'll save when you meal plan and make your grocery list from that meal plan. A tip on meal planning: meal plan by shopping your pantry first. If you use what you already have that's less you have to buy and more money you save!

Shop the Sales

Most grocery stores have sales flyers so making your grocery list from the sales flyer will help save you money. You could also meal plan based on what's on sale and if you have already meal planned by what you already have, you'll save lots of money on your grocery bill!

Shop at Aldi and/or Outlets

I often buy my bread and fresh produce at Aldi. Their bread, buns & rolls are always cheaper than grocery stores and the quality is just as good. If you don't have an Aldi in your area, check to see if you have a bakery outlet. Bakery outlets often carry brand name products at a reduced price.

Save money on meat

Sometimes buying meat at the butcher counter rather than pre-packaged can save you money. When buying beef, I often save anywhere from $0.25-$0.50 per pound when buying it from the butcher counter. You will also most likely pay less per pound when you buy meat from warehouse stores like Sam's Club or Costco.

Reward Codes and apps

Use those reward codes that come on the packages. I can save quite a bit on my grocery bill when I redeem the Kellogg reward codes for high value coupons.

Here are the top brands I know of that use reward codes:

The Ibotta app is another simple way to save money on groceries. All you have to do is download the app and chose the offers you want (sometimes you have to watch a very short video or read info on the product). Then to redeem your offers you can scan the receipt or if your store had a rewards card, link it up and your offers are redeemed as soon as you make the purchase!

I guarantee if you just use one of these tips, you will save money on your grocery bill.

Happy Shopping!


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...