January 14, 2014

Why you shouldn't take your toddler(s) grocery shopping.

I don't mind going grocery shopping…especially if I go by myself. However, I prefer going during a weekday when the store is less busy. This means I have to take the girls with me.

This week I was really brave and let them walk instead of ride in the cart. Considering I have a runner, most people who know us are probably thinking I was crazy for doing so. However, it was a fairly quick trip and they did pretty well.

Now to the reason why you shouldn't take your toddlers with you. Because the girls did so well, I let them pick one flavor of Pop-tarts. Because of this, I didn't pay attention and realize that the flavor they chose was NOT on sale and therefore I spent more than I should have.

Total Spent $4.85 copy

Here is the breakdown of what I spent on the items in the picture above:

(1) Eckridge Smoked Sausage – $1.89
     On sale for $2.99, used a $0.55 coupon that doubled to $1.10

(2) Knorr Rice Sides – $0.50/each
     On sale for $1.00/each, used a $0.50 coupon that doubled to $1.00

(2) Pop-Tarts, Frosted Strawberry – $0.16/each
     On sale for $1.66/each, used (2) $0.75 coupons* that each doubled to $1.50
    
(1) Pop-Tarts, Confetti Cupcake – $0.99
     On sale for $2.49, used (1) $0.75 coupon* that doubled to $1.50
     (This is the flavor that wasn't on sale. Otherwise they would have been $0.16 as well)

So I spent $4.85 saving 71%!!

*Coupons were "purchased" from Kelloggs Family Rewards with points I received from entering codes off product packaging.

To learn how to coupon, check out my Non-Extreme Couponing Series.


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...