January 20, 2014

My Goals for 2014

When I sat down to write out my goals for 2014, I knew I wanted to keep my list short and sweet. Some of these goals I can start now and some I won't be able to start working on until we move back into our new & improved {re}built house. Also, the new year, in my mind, doesn't start until we move back home. :)

Organization

This is my biggest goal and I hope it will be the foundation for achieving my other goals. I have put a lot of time and research and thought into this new house when it comes to organization. It is because of this process that we are over budget on cabinetry (thank goodness for contingency!) but you know what? Everything already has a place. My hope is that in having an organized house, it will be easier to maintain thus allowing more time for my other goals.

Along the same lines as organization, I have made a goal for myself to keep our house tidy (not necessarily sparkling clean, just tidy) and stay on top of the laundry. :)

Tot School

I have been seriously considering and praying about homeschooling the girls.  I am currently undecided but am leaning toward homeschooling. In the new house, we will have the perfect space for homeschooling and I love the idea of having flexibility in our day to day schedule. Not to mention the one on one attention they will get. I plan to start Tot School with them in the Fall to help me make a decision.

Have a Daily Quiet Time

I have been better about this in the past few months but I still have a few days to a week or two here and there where I skip it (not necessarily on purpose) and I miss it. My days go so much better when I start them in prayer and in the Word.

Work Out

I lost a bunch of weight after the tornado and I loved it! However, once the stress of everything settled down, I have let that weight slowly creep back. I'm not back to where I was but I'm definitely not as small as I was. Which is too bad because all those clothes I bought to fit my new, smaller body are starting to get a little snug. We will have a workout area in the new house so my goal is to workout at least 3 times per week. This is not only to lose some weight but to just be healthier overall. I mean, I do have 2 two year old toddlers to keep up with!

grow my business

My blog and my Etsy shop are passions of mine. They are the things I go to when I need some stress relief. I have wanted to grow both of them but having such young children, it has been difficult to keep a consistent schedule allowing me to work (thus the reason this is being posted half-way into January). My goal for this year is to "work" 8-10 hours per week. Any extra will just be icing on the cake.

And now for a couple of "fun" goals…

Read More

When I was a kid, I LOVED reading. I was usually the kid in my class that read the most books every semester. However, when I got to college, there was no time to read for fun because the textbooks I had to read had like 39489834 pages and my love of reading started to diminish. Then, as I transitioned into adult life, there was just no time to read for fun. I think the only books I've read from start to finish since college were the Stephanie Plum books and now I'm even behind on that series. So this year, I have set a realistic goal (realistic for me) of reading 5 books this year (maybe I'll get caught up on what Stephanie Plum is up to).

{Re}Learn to Crochet

I learned to crochet from my grandmother in my early teens. I have not crocheted since she passed away my freshman year in high school (which was actually junior high for me). Since Tillie has developed an attachment to crocheted blankies, I'd love to be able to make at least one for her. Something she can have as a keepsake.

So those are my goals for 2014. What do you think? Do they seem doable? What are your goals for 2014?

heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...