December 14, 2013

Rebuild Update: Week 17-The Next Steps

New Mills Rebuild Logo

Yet another week has gone by with very little progress. I'm starting to feel like a broken record. Do I sound like a broken record?

We went out to check on the house last night. There were signs of progress!

They did get the correct windows installed. Woohoo! Yes, I may have done a happy dance…actually it was to try to stay warm but WINDOWSSSSSS! They had framed in the ugly windows so that had to be taken out to install the new, correct windows. They will reframe these windows.

Week 17-1

Drywall had been delivered. You should have seen the smile on my face when I saw the drywall.

Week 17-2

There was also mortar for the brick in the garage! Brick was delivered a looooong time ago. Brick and stone! Brick and stone! I can't wait to see how it all looks ON the house!

Week 17-3

The one thing we were waiting on this week was for the plumbing to pass inspection but as of last night, there were no signs that a final inspection had occurred. Come on city inspectors, it was just a little snow and ice. Get out there and get 'er done!

So assuming plumbing passes inspection VERY SOON, we should at minimum get insulation next week. I will be thrilled….THRILLED if they start putting up the sheetrock next week.

So are you guys as anxious as I am to see walls and brick and stone?!?


heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...