December 18, 2013

Coherent Thoughts from a Chaotic Mind

I feel like I hit the ground running yesterday and haven't stopped. We have things planned pretty much every day this week.

JMac (That's hubby's new nick name here on the blog. He's not a fan of it just yet ;P) is off for 15 days starting tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should be excited about this or not. I mean, 15 24 hour days where I have an extra set of hands to help with the girls is awesome but 15 24 hour days with all four of us in this little apartment? I think I'll be planning extra Mom's night out dates.

For the first time since the tornado I started back with my couponing. We have been spending A LOT on groceries AND eating out and it's time to reign in our spending in this area. I also need to reign in my spending on clothes for the girls but….baby steps. Anyway, I made my very first post tornado coupon trip and I think I did pretty well.
Post Tornado Coupon Trip Post Tornado Coupon Haul
I got 3 packages of rice (All FREE!), 2 4lb bags of sugar ($0.39/ea.!), 2 boxes of Ritz Crackers ($1.00/ea.) and some deodorant for JMac (spent more than I wanted but he was out).

I tried making Christmas Crack (basically toffee for those who don't know what that is). I failed. It turned out more like caramel & chocolate covered crackers. Apparently I need a candy thermometer.
Christmas Crack

I discovered a way to get me an extra few minutes in Target when the littles are with me.
Tens Popcorn
Bless you Target for selling popcorn!

I think it's safe to say I'm totally addicted to monogramming the girls' names on ALL THE THINGS. I have gotten most of the girls stuff from N&S Adorables. If you're a twin momma, she will give you a 10% discount. You're welcome. :)
Tillie in N&S

I have been told there will be much progress at the house this week. Hopefully, I'll have lots of pictures in the next Mills Rebuild update!

heather

1 comment:

  1. I used N&S for my boys birthday outfits based on your recommendation! She's great :) Also, I'm jealous of your husband's time off! My hubs is a pilot so he's very busy these days :/

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...