November 7, 2013

House Dreaming: Kitchen

Since we have pretty much selected all of our finishes, I thought I'd share a little design board of our kitchen. So this is more reality than dreaming. :)

Kitchen Design Board

I just recently changed the style of our kitchen cabinets from our original choice. I can't wait to see it all together!

1. Island pendants – Our island is approximately 8 feet long so there will be 2 over the island and also one in my walk-in pantry.

2. Cabinetry – (pictures shown are just samples of my choices and not the exact cabinetry) As I stated above, we switched from a raised panel to a flat/recessed panel cabinetry. The outer cabinets will be white and the island will be a dark espresso. My hood will be like the picture above. I still have to decide what specific cabinets I want like for cookie sheets, spices, drawers, etc.….something I'm currently working on getting to the builder.
*We have already purchased 4 of the barstool shown. I thought the pop of color would be nice in my very neutral kitchen. :)

3. Surfaces – The top granite sample is called Alaskan White and will be on the island. The countertop on the perimeter will be Black Pearl (bottom sample). The marble subway tile will be our backsplash.

4. Fixtures & Hardware – We chose to go with brushed nickel. I. Cannot. Wait. To use. That. Potfiller!

5. Flooring – I had a really hard time finding tile that I liked. I originally wanted to go dark but ultimately decided to find something lighter. When I found this tile with the grey and brown in it I fell in love. It will actually be used throughout the house wherever we use tile.

**The background color of these design boards is the color we have chosen as our wall color.

Appliances

After looking at and choosing our appliances, I was ecstatic when I found out all my choices were in budget! All are Whirlpool.

I seriously cannot wait to get in my kitchen and start cooking and baking…especially after having to use the tiny apartment kitchen I have now.

As I stated above, I still have to figure out the functionality of my cabinetry throughout the house so if you have any suggestions, PLEASE send them my way! :)



 

Cursif Signature

2 comments:

  1. My mom had double drawers installed in their cabinet...so when you open the drawer, in the top tray is the silverware and when you slide that back, underneath she stores all of her Ziploc bags, saran wrap, etc. ALL IN ONE DRAWER. It totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love those fixtures and surfaces! A pot filler would be so awesome to have!! Cannot wait to see this kitchen come to life! Thanks for linking up with. Life Created Tuesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...