November 26, 2013

Are We There Yet? A journey through the terrible two's

Terrible Two's

Are there any mom's out there that have or are enjoying age two? Please someone say no so I don't feel so guilty for saying that I am not enjoying this age all that much.

Maybe it's because I'm dealing with 2 two year olds? I know this age is hard regardless but dealing with two of them is testing my patience in a big way. I mean, I can only handle getting kicked in the stomach so many times while changing a diaper before I'm ready to blow a gasket. And getting them dressed? Every day it's like a marathon trying to get clothes on these two girls of mine. If we stay home it's a constant battle to keep them out of everything. If it can be opened/closed, dumped, climbed on or unfolded they're on it. I spend the majority of my day saying "No!" or "Get out of there!" or "Get down!"

I'm also dealing with sisters. If you have this picture in your head about how twins just love each other and have that special connection and always get along, just clear that image because let me tell you…the girls fight like crazy. We're actually dealing with hitting & clawing right now.

These girls have two very different personalities. This is something I really have to keep in mind when I am disciplining and even teaching. Also, one of them talks non-stop and the other one is just now starting to say words that we somewhat understand. I suspect the communication gap is probably what is causing a lot of the frustration for us.

I've heard many moms say that age three is the hardest so this has me a little worried. I'm really afraid that we may not survive the toddler years.

This journey through the terrible two's so far has been tough and crazy and exhausting and we have a long road ahead of us but there are good moments that I hold on to….to get me through the tough days.

I just hope to survive so I can pass any wisdom I might gain on this journey to other mommas approaching this age.

heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...