September 10, 2013

The itsy bitsy spider….

Mommy Power Hour

Taking a page from Erin today and having my Mommy Power Hour to get some blogging and work done. The laundry is going and the coffee is hot.

We, like most stay at home moms and their kidlets, hit the ground running this morning.

I started a new bible study at my church today. It was literally a last minute decision to go but I am very excited about it and can't wait to talk about it but that's another post for another day.

What I'm here to talk about today are spiders. I have a strong dislike for spiders or anything that crawls or jumps for that matter.

After the bible study I went and got the girls from the nursery and we all headed to the car. I got us loaded up and off we went. The only other stop I needed to make was the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for dinner and then I planned to get the girls home in time for lunch and their nap.

I had been driving for a few minutes when I looked up and noticed a spider on my window.

My first thought was, "ok, there's a spider on the window so don't roll the window down or it will come in." You see, it was at the very top, near the edge.

However, after further inspection, I realized the spider was on the INSIDE of the window!

My next thought was, "OMG there's a spider IN my car! I need to kill it, I don't want to kill it! Eeeek!"

After taking a breath, I spotted a dried up wet wipe in the top of my little trash compartment so I grabbed it and shoved it against the window as hard as I could and prayed that I hadn't missed and had successfully squished the evil spider that was out to get me.

Once several seconds had passed and I was able to convince myself that I had squished the spider, I pulled the dried up wet wipe away from the window and…..AHHHHHHHHHH! I had not killed the spider! I saw it fall from the wet wipe and down went the spider and wet wipe into the floor beneath my feet where at this point, 2 of my bestest friends received the following text. Side note: I sent the text while at a stop light. Panic attacks AND texting while driving would definitely not be good.

Spider Text

I couldn't even think about anything but that spider crawling up my leg so the rest of the way home I made sure to move my feet & legs as much as possible so that spider would not crawl up my legs.

I made it home without having a complete heart attack, totally forgot to stop at the grocery store and when I got out of the car, I noticed the spider curled up on the edge of my seat to which I had another mild panic attack until I realized I had indeed killed the spider. I'm not sure at what point. It could have truly been squished when I intended or it met it's untimely death in my jumping around while trying to keep it from crawling on me. The important fact was that it was dead.

It wasn't until after I was home and settled that my now dead to me friends, texted me back to make sure I was alive.

And then I had to text James an ask him to stop at the store for me since I had totally been side tracked. My domestic fail for the day.

I'm so ready to be back in my bug free (because we have someone come out and spray every quarter) house again.

So tell me, are you as afraid of creepy crawly jumping things as I am?

Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. I have so tried to kill a spider in the car and missed and felt this same way! hahahah


    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...