September 28, 2013

Rebuild Update: Progress

Mills Rebuild Logo

As of yesterday, WE HAVE STEM WALLS!!!

Stem Walls - Family Room

It seems like such a simple step but, it's a step! As long as the weather keeps cooperating, we can make some pretty good progress. Next week is supposed to be plumbing and the rest of the foundation.

See the storm shelter? Just outside that stem wall is going to be a covered patio. The post for the patio? Comes right up to the back corner of the shelter. Did we cut it close or what? However, it couldn't be more perfect! We can walk right out the back door and right into the storm shelter when needed (hopefully I don't have to get in it again for a very long time).

Our brick has been ordered. Yay!

Exterior trim colors are still making my head spin. Let me tell you, choosing all the exterior stuff is SO stressful! I mean, it's not something you can change easily or inexpensively so you have to get it right the first time. So. Much. Pressure.

You know how I said I wasn't going to shop for the house? I lied. I just can't help myself! I have no will power (hangs head in shame). I met my best friend at a place called The Rink Gallery today and came home with this little (or maybe not so little) beauty today. I just couldn't leave without it.

Aqua Mirror

Isn't she pretty?! I really don't think I'll have trouble finding a place to put it in the new house but I have no idea where I'll put it for now.

So that's the latest on the house building front. I hope to have even more forward progress updates from now on!

Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the mirror! I've been dying to go to the Rink... think I'll go this week when I'm in the city for my dr. appointment and kid free.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...