September 26, 2013

House Dreaming: Breakfast Nook

Breakfast Nook Layout

I said I was done shopping but I didn't say I was done planning. ;)

I have these ideas in my head and it's helping to try to lay them all out with design boards. I've actually changed my mind on a couple of things doing this.

We went back and forth on what to do in our breakfast area. We didn't want the table to impede on too much of the path from the front of the house to the family room in the back so we I decided on doing a banquette.

This is kind of what I'm thinking.

Breakfast Nook Design Board

Of course I would put the bench up against the wall. Then I was thinking 2 chairs on the opposite side. Now I'm wondering if I should add one more chair for each end. The barstools (that we have already purchased) for the kitchen island are pretty much the same color as the bench.

The color of the table is up for debate. I'm really liking this color but finding one that is the right size and doesn't blow my budget might be an issue. I'm also thinking about buying an unfinished one that way I could stain it whatever color I want. The third option is to have James build one. He hasn't heard this idea yet. :) Another reason for this color is that it looks best against the dark floors.

As for any artwork or d├ęcor for the wall, I'll worry about that once we are actually in the house. I may end up making a piece to put in there.

So this is the direction I want to go. It may change by the time we actually get into the house but I doubt it changes too much.

If you missed it, here is my Play Room design board.

Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the color scheme you've got going on! I want something similar to that whenver we finally move!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...