September 6, 2013

Five on Friday: Encouraging Words

 

Well, even though it was a short week with the holiday, it was a loooong week filled with illness and sleepless nights. I'm glad it's Friday.

I thought I'd share some encouraging words that have spoken to me this week. These are words I needed to hear so I thought I'd share them and maybe they would help and encourage you too.

{ONE}

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who DAILY bears our burdens.
~Psalm 68.19

This is the verse of the day on the YouVersion bible app today. Boy am I thankful for the reminder that He not only carries our burdens when we cry out to Him but he bears them on a daily basis. In case you missed that, he carries our burdens daily, as in every day, without fail.

{TWO}

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
~Psalm 143.8

This has been my favorite verse since I was a kid. It's my life verse.

I am so not a morning person. Just ask anyone that's lived with me…or any of my former employers & coworkers.  It takes me a while to wake up and my brain just doesn't work that early in the morning. In fact, at my last job, I had a rule that no one was allowed to come to my office with questions or bad news until after 10am. However, I have learned that if I start my day in quiet time with the Lord, my day goes SO much better.

{THREE}

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
~James 1.2-4

I have been through many, many trials in my life. All have shaken me to the core but have led me straight to my Father in Heaven who embraces me and helps me to carry on…..to persevere. Since the most recent trial, which I am still muddling through, I am reminded even more how I need to lean on him. I have been led to verse after verse about going through trials and the rewards that come with them.

So let's recap. Trials = Perseverance. Perseverance = Completeness & Maturity in Faith.

{FOUR}

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blow and tossed by the wind.
~James 1:5-6

Wow. I have always prayed hoping that those prayers would be answered but here, I am instructed to pray knowing that my prayers will be answered. However, I (we) must keep in mind that the answers may not be what we want but instead, the answered prayers are always in accordance to His purpose. Remember the song by Garth Brooks…Unanswered Prayers? That wasn't an unanswered prayer. There was a reason he didn't get the girl he wanted. God had a better woman for him. :)

{FIVE}

Let your gentleness be evident to all.
~Philippians 4.5

Unglued Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions

How many of you get so stressed and overwhelmed that eventually, you just blow your top or have a good old fashioned kicking & screaming toddler like fit? If you didn't raise your hand or nod in agreement, you're lying. ;)

I have been reading Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst and in my opinion, every woman should read this book. I want to be the woman that people see as gentle and patient and calm…not the woman who stomps around and whines and throws fits when I just can't handle whatever my circumstance at the time. This book has been good for me and I can guarantee that I will most likely go back and read this book more than once.

Cursif Signature

 

3 comments:

  1. Love your encouraging words. Need to mark this and come back and re-read often. I've been reading Unglued slowly over the past year or so. I need to pick it back up and really READ it and take note ect. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So encouraging! Unglued is perfect! I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I had to click on your link from blissful and domestic blog hop. I just love the title of your blog! I also use the you version bible app and how many times The Lord has spoken to me directly and tugged at my heart! Thank you for the scripture you shared and mostly your honesty :)
    Cheers!
    Ursula
    blogger at
    http://kraftmint.com

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...