August 24, 2013

Rebuild Update: Demo Day

It's been a long wait to get to this point. I was beginning to think we'd never get here. And then we did. And hubs sent me this pic and as he puts it, "it was like a punch to the throat".

08 20 13

Yes, we are getting a "re-do" and yes, the new house is going to be new and improved but man, it was really hard seeing this go down. I may have cried a little. Such an emotional process.

This was our first house.

This was the house we brought our girls home to.

This house saw many celebrations. Celebrations with loved ones that are no longer with us.

This is such a bittersweet time in our lives.

Later that evening, we went back out to the house to see what all had been done and to take pictures. I want to document every part of this process.

08 20 13_499308 20 13_4996

Believe it or not, it was actually easier seeing it in this state than the first picture. I think because it was even more of a clean slate so to speak.

There are very few things that are staying. That storm shelter is definitely one of them!

Our next step is our pre-construction meeting and that can't take place until the architect finishes the final plans.

So now? Now we hurry up and wait…..again.

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...