August 16, 2013

Five on Friday: Mills Rebuild Edition

I'm linking up once again for Five on Friday!

{It's Official!}

We are officially (re)building our house! We signed the contract yesterday. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. These past 3 months have been the longest 3 months of my life.

{March 31, 2014}

This is when our house is estimated to be completed. That's 7 months away! I'm hoping they are able to finish earlier than that…they seem to think they'll be finished sooner. Praying the weather cooperates!

{The Plan}

Because our house was not totaled, we are, for the most part, keeping the same floor plan but expanding and adding on. Here are some of the differences:

Before: 2 Car Garage with man cave/theatre above
After: 3 Car Garage with theatre room above 2 car and my new craft room above 3rd car

Before: 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
After: 4 bedrooms (the 3 bedrooms will be a little larger) and 3 bathrooms. The girls will now have a playroom since my craft room is moving to above 3rd car garage.

Before: One living room
After: Added family room with existing living room (will be smaller since kitchen will be a tiny bit bigger) becoming a formal living sitting area

Before: Closed off Kitchen
After: Open concept kitchen with breakfast area (used to be TnT's play area). I will now have room for an island!

{Shopping}

The best part of building a custom house (and losing most of your belongings) is getting to pick out all your finishes and going to shopping! I actually hope to save some money by shopping for some of the fixtures and bathroom mirrors myself. I may or may not already have my eye on a few things already. ;)

{So Very Blessed}

We are so unbelievably blessed. We have been through quite a bit in our 16 years of marriage but God has provided and blessed us more than we deserve. Because of this disaster, we are basically getting to build our dream house. I never thought in a million years that we would have this opportunity…and believe with my whole heart that we wouldn't if it weren't for our mighty God who promises to take care of us if we remain faithful and trust Him.

Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with lapis lazuli. I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all y our walls of precious stones. All your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be their peace. ~Isaiah 54:5

Thankfully, we were able to save our computer so we have all the digital pictures we had. I can't wait to share before and after pictures! I will also be posting pictures of the progress of the house on Instagram using the hashtag #millsrebuild so if you want to follow along, you can follow me HERE!

Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...