July 24, 2013

Random Wednesday

Welcome new readers from Jenna's Journey! I'm so happy you're here! Each Wednesday I do posts with little tidbits of our week, random thoughts, favorite products…..things that really aren't enough for a post on their own.

I hope you enjoy my ramblings! :)

  • Since our builder backed out, we've been meeting with/interviewing new builders this week. This is not a process I enjoy. I keep getting the feeling these builders are just totally overwhelmed with the scope of our project. I think because they are mainly used to just building from the ground up & not working with a foundation & framing that's already there. So frustrating. I just want to get started on our house already!

  • I started walking again. I needed to get back to some of the things I did before the tornado. Also, since I lost a lot of weight due to the stress, I want to keep it off and I'd like to lose about 3-5 more pounds.

  • I got my Erin Condren planner earlier this week! It's my first time ordering one. I can't wait to use it…you know, to fill it up with house building appointments & stuff.  I came up with the tag line of "The Year of Restoration". I thought this would be neat to have to document our rebuilding process. Not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well.

Erin-Condren-Life-Planner


  • My parents have been my only babysitter since shortly after the girls were born. It's been tough because TnT are kind of wild and my parents just aren't physically able to keep up with them for an extended amount of time. Finally, I have secured another babysitter! It will mainly be for date nights but OMG I'm so excited about this! Our date nights are very far and few between and with everything going on lately, we definitely need some alone time.

  • Yesterday I had my work day with the professional organizer that I've mentioned on here before. I feel so much better about parts of the apartment now. She helped me with the closets and gave me ideas for other parts of the apartment that I plan to use in the near future. I think I'll do a dedicated post with before & after's.

  • For those who have been following for a while, you know that I coupon. Since I now have a much, much smaller kitchen and virtually no pantry space, I have decided to not to coupon while we are in the apartment. Also, we have had tons of dry goods donated to us and there are food banks set up around town for disaster victims where I can get free pantry items. This has been such a God send because it helps us save money for all the expenses coming up with house building.

Cursif Signature

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you soo much!! I'm praying you find the perfect builder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you find a great builder!! And I love your Erin Condren planner...i'm jealous! One of these days I will order one =)

    And I also love couponing, but haven't done it in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a babysitter!! How did you end up finding one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on building your house. We built 3 years ago, and while it was a lot of work, it was worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...