June 26, 2013

More Updates

I can't believe it's been a week since I blogged last! I also didn't realize that my last post was the ONE MONTH anniversary of the EF5 tornado that turned our life upside down. And now it's been 5 weeks!

If you want to see more frequent updates of what's going on with us, your best bet may be if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter. I've also been using the hash tag #millsrebuild so you can follow our recovery & rebuild efforts.

  • Our house was not totaled. We are ok with that now because we are actually going to come out of this better off than if it had. A structural engineer has been out and has deemed the foundation and frame safe to use. We will have to replace some of the framing as parts of it took some pretty big hits from large debris. The house has now been gutted and we have a builder who will be basically doing a complete remodel. This is the current state of our house. It actually makes me a little excited to see it like this. It's a lot easier to handle than the moldy, filthy, beat up interior that it was before.

Gutted Kitchen

  • Thanks to all the debris that has polluted the air here, hubs and I have developed Tornado Cough. It's a real thing. It's basically like an asthma/allergy attack due to the debris particles in the air. It's the most annoying thing. I go to bed every night with a sore throat from drainage & coughing. I'm so over it.

  • Apartment living is going ok. Being someone who cooked a lot, I really hate the kitchen. It's been so hard cutting our square footage more than half. A local concierge company has offered their services to help me get organized and maximize the storage here and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll share more about that later.

  • I chopped my hair off. It feels so much better and since I'm on the go a lot more than I was before it's so much easier to fix.

Short Hair

  • I have a new addiction. I finally decided to try Sonic's Sweet Green Tea with Peach and OMG! I may or may not have had about 5 large or Rt 44's in the last 2-3.

Sonic Green Peach Tea

  • I can't believe the girls will be turning 2 in less than TWO WEEKS! I still plan on doing a Minnie's Bow*tique themed party but it will be on a much, much smaller scale than I had originally planned. I have to admit though, I'm having trouble planning because I don't really know how to throw low key parties. LOL

 

  • I continue to be overwhelmed by the generosity of others. My family and I are so blessed to be loved and cared for by so many. Please know that we are extremely thankful for all everyone has done and wouldn't be able to be where we are without you!

I know this update was short but my mind is still spinning. I hope to do more frequent updates.

XOXO,
Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your hair! And love seeing the framing in your home. Are you going to be doing something different than before?

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...