April 9, 2013

Toddler Shenanigans: Momma Goes Fishing

 

Momma-Goes-Fishing

Do you remember the Toothbrush story? If you don't, go read it. It's a quick read and relates to what I'm about to post. Go ahead, I'll wait.

::The tune of Jeopardy plays in my head::

Well? Did you laugh as hard as I did when I re-read it? Get ready to continue laughing because the story continues….

The Black Hole has always been an area of interest to TnT. They have continued to put things in that little hole in the entertainment console and I continue to dig them out….when I know they've been putting stuff in there.

Last week when I was picking up toys after the girls had gone to bed, I noticed a couple pieces to this toy and that toy missing. I figured they'd show up eventually and forgot about it.

A few days later I noticed several pieces to various toys and an entire magnetic alphabet missing. With that much stuff missing I new just where to look. I grabbed a flashlight and started my investigation. Sure enough, all those missing pieces where in the black hole. And even worse? They discovered the hole on the other side of the entertainment console. This side is pretty much impossible to get to because the stereo components fill up the entire cabinet on that side and are pretty much impossible to pull out.

I pulled all the toys out of the one side but had to come up with a way to get the toys out of the other side. The only thing I could think of that might work was the grabber hub bought a few weeks ago. We normally use it to retrieve paci's that have fallen been thrown out of cribs and landed between the wall and crib.

I went and grabbed the grabber and got to work. It was not an easy task. I had to squeeze the handle on the grabber just right or it wouldn't fit in the hole. It made me realize just how out of shape my arms are (as evident in the above picture) because I got a little sore trying to hold it just so.

One by one I pulled out toys. There were blocks, play food, magnet letters…I'm pretty sure every toy they own that would fit through that hole was down there.

Catch-of-the-Day

Hubs came in, saw what I was doing, laughed and said, "do you feel like your playing Operation?" Yes! YES! That is EXACTLY what it felt like! Do you have any idea how many times I dropped that banana?

I told hubs that we HAD to figure out a way to close up those holes because I was tired if digging toys out. The next day, the holes were closed up. No more fishing for mommy….at least in that spot.

**I'm not sure if you've noticed but I have basically dedicated my Tuesday posts to Toddlerhood. These posts have been and will be about funny things TnT have done, activities I have tried with them and other toddler related things. I am currently making sure all those posts are tagged with "Toddler Tuesday" and may eventually add a page that will include all the posts.

Cursif Signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...