March 6, 2013

No Bake Granola Bars

No-Bake-Granola-Bars

Sometimes I read ingredients on a box and am frightened by what I see. Then I usually end up doing some research to see if I can easily make my own. If I can't find an easy & quick solution I either take my chances and continue to buy the preservative filled goodie or I quite buying it altogether.

Thankfully, I found this easy recipe for no bake chocolate chip granola bars and we like them much better than the store bought granola bars.

After a few trials, I had to adjust the recipe a bit.

No Bake Granola Bars

 

No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

  • 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
  • 1/4 C. Honey
  • 1/3 C. Packed Brown Sugar
  • 2 C. Quick Cooking Oats
  • 1 C. Rice Krispies Cereal
  • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  • Chocolate Chips

In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together. Set Aside

In a small pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Pour in vanilla and stir.

Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to coat all ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased small loaf or jelly roll type pan. (In the picture above, I quadrupled the recipe and used a sheet cake pan.) Press down the mixture and pack tightly. If your pan isn’t small enough, push the ingredients to one side until it’s packed firm (this is so they will stick together). Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press down lightly into the mixture. Cool on the counter top for 2 hours.

*I cut them into bars and put them in the single serve Ziploc bags for a quick grab & go snack.

Printable Recipe Button

2 comments:

  1. They sound good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing (just as it did on IG) I'll definitely be making these for our beach trip this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...