March 20, 2013

Just One Day

Last night when I finally got to take a shower I was thinking to myself how nice it would be to have just one day where I didn’t have to be a mom. I was thinking how nice it would be to sleep in and be lazy for an entire day or to be able to do what I want whenever I want…to watch whatever I want…to go wherever I want whenever I want.

And then I realized how stupid that thought was.

I love being a mom. It’s not always the most fun job but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I waited too long to become a mom. Why would I ever want to not be one?

Just One Day

If I went just one day of not being a mom I would miss the giggles that echo throughout the house. I would miss seeing them holding hands and leading each other around the house.

I would miss watching Tillie roaring at me like a bear and I would miss Tensley’s smile and her little high pitched squeal. I would miss Tillie learning a new word(s) and I would miss seeing the intensity on Tensley’s face when she’s trying to figure something out.

I would miss being climbed on when I try to sit in the living room and I would miss the little “Hi’s” I get when I go to get them up from their nap.

I don’t want to miss anything about them so no matter how tired or frustrated I get I will never wish that I didn’t have to be a mom. Not even for a moment.

Cursif Signature

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Good post!! It does get exhausting but those little happy moments make it so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have days like that, I think that my kid-free days will be here much sooner than I expect, and I'll be wishing back the noise and chaos!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...