March 19, 2013

If anyone needs me…

I woke up this morning to a cry that I knew wasn’t just a bad dream. It was a cry of pain. I knew it was Tens. I dragged myself out of bed and to check on her. I knew as soon as I walked into the room that she had a bad diaper. I picked her up and took her straight to the bathtub. She had a horrible diaper rash so after I rinsed her off, I ran a warm baking soda bath. She wouldn’t even sit down in the water so I just poured the water over her bottom until I couldn’t take the crying any more.

I took her to my bed so we wouldn’t wake up Tillie and treated her bottom and then we laid in bed until Tillie woke up.

We thought she was on the mend. She was better Sunday and yesterday we thought it was over. I made a call to the doctor this morning and they said she could have gotten a secondary virus. Ugh.

So if you need me today I’ll be disinfecting the house.

photo 1 (14) photo 2 (13)

Cursif Signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh Honey, I totally understand how you feel. Poor Jade had a nappy rash for three months. I tried everything and I mean everything, I had paediatrician advice and prescriptions and eventually the pharmacist said I had now tried everything and I needed to just make her as comfortable as possible.

    Anyway one last try of the stuff we used right at the beginning and that has always worked for us in the past (a combination of Nystacid ointment and Mulitpeol bum cream) and it has finally cleared up. Poor Jade's was so bad at one stage she was bleeding.

    Give her an extra cuddle from me and I really hope it clears up VERY quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, momma. K woke up with pink eye today-- as if everything else hasn't been enough! I feel you!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...