March 24, 2013

Chicken Fajita Stir Fry

I don’t know about you but I love me some Fajitas. The grilled meat, the sour cream & guacamole…Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!

In the winter who wants to stand outside in the freezing cold and stand over a grill? Not me! So I’ve come up with a way to get the same smokey grilled flavor indoors.

I haven’t made these in a while but I came across the recipe while looking through some old posts on my other (inactive) blog so I thought I’d repost here.

 

Ingredients

  • 2-3 Chicken Breasts, cubed or cut into strips
  • 4 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
  • Green Bell Pepper, sliced
  • Red Bell Pepper, sliced
  • Med. Onion, sliced
  • 1-2 Tbsp Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil

Put chicken in a Ziploc back with Liquid Smoke, set aside.

While chicken is marinating, heat wok or skillet with butter on med-high and sauté onions & peppers. Remove onions and peppers from skillet.  Add olive oil and chicken to skillet (carefully, since skillet will be hot). Brown chicken on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.

Add onions & peppers to skillet, mix with chicken then cover. Continue cooking on low heat until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes).

Serve with all the fixins!

YUMMYLICIOUS!

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...