February 19, 2013

Toddler Tuesday: Bagel Pizzas

Bagel-Pizzas-with-Homemade-

I don’t know about you but I have a hard time trying to find anything that my picky toddlers will eat. Most everything I make ends up on the kitchen floor. It’s a battle that I am so ready to be done with.

One thing I know they like is pizza.

One day I was in Aldi (if you have one in your area and have never been, you MUST go!) and saw a bag of mini bagels for less than $2! I thought they’d be good for breakfast but after a couple of days going untouched, I came up with the brilliant idea to make them into bagel pizzas!

Now, I never buy jarred pizza sauce so I usually have a batch of homemade pizza sauce in the freezer (recipe to follow). I love this sauce because it’s a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy (or a lot depending on if you add the pepper spices).

To make these bagel pizzas, all you do is cut the mini bagels in half, spread a thin layer of sauce over the top (or more of you like lots of sauce), sprinkle your cheese & favorite toppings on top of the sauce and bake for 8-10 minutes (or until cheese is melted) at 350 degrees.

Now for the pizza sauce…

Homemade Pizza Sauce

  • 6 oz. can of tomato paste
  • 6 oz. water
  • 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. anchovy paste (optional)
  • 3/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. marjoram
  • 1/4 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)

Place all ingredients in a bowl & stir*.

*The longer it sits, the better the flavor.

Enjoy!

Cursif Signature

 

1 comment:

  1. My girls recently decided to be picky and I hate it! They went from eating anything and everything to now throwing food on the floor....and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. I do this with English muffins and they actually eat it! I will have to try your sauce bc I normally do jarred!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...