February 11, 2013

Organize Now!

If you remember, my goal this year is to get my house organized from top to bottom. My home office is almost done. Some of the details are slow going but I promise I’ll post the results as soon as I’m done!

A couple weeks ago, my good friend Rebecca found this book. She knew my goal of trying to organize and she has been wanting to get organized too so she bought a copy for each of us! We are going through the book together…kind of like a bible study but an organizing study! :)

I really like how the book is laid out in a week by week format. Each week she has you organizing some aspect of your life. There are a total of 56 weeks but since I’m wanting to get this house done quicker than that, we thought we’d try to tackle 2 weeks at a time. We’ve already completed read through the first four weeks which are as follows:

  • Week 1:  Organize Your Mind & Life Vision
  • Week 2:  Organize Your Priorities
  • Week 3:  Organize Your Schedule
  • Week 4:  Organize Your Cleaning Schedule

At first glance, I thought these chapters would be pretty easy to tackle but once I got into the details of the chapters I got a little overwhelmed. She really makes you think in these first four weeks!

For my Life Vision I basically jotted down how I’d like my life to be right now. This is basically what jotted down that I want from my life right now:

I’d like to be able to be to provide a little extra income as a part-time WAHM. I want to spend the majority of my days with my kids playing, learning and taking fun field trips. Chores would take no more than 1-2 hours per day and want to have evenings to just relax and spend time with my hubby.

An organized house was, of course, was the main focus for me right now. I sincerely believe if I can get some order in this house, it will free up some time for me to focus on my priorities.

Oh priorities. This is the chapter I struggled with the most. I literally spent half a day agonizing over this chapter. I’ve never thought of myself as someone who’s afraid to commit but I was totally hesitant to commit to a list of priorities. I finally came up with a list that encompasses my values and desires for me and my family. Here is my list:

  • Have a strong relationship with God
  • Have a strong passionate marriage
  • Want my children to be strong, independent and happy
  • Have more me time
  • Be healthy and fit
  • Be a successful WAHM/Entrepreneur
  • Be debt free
  • Take a vacation at least once per year
  • Nurture friendships
  • Never stop learning

In weeks 3 and 4, schedules and cleaning, you are to plan all these things making sure they are within the realm of your priorities. I have to admit that while I’m pretty good with my schedule (I’m not that busy) she presented some tough challenges that I am going to be working on. I had already applied a couple of the cleaning tasks that she discusses and I plan to re-vamp the cleaning schedule I created and never stuck to last year.

I plan to post updates as I go through this book. I’m DETERMINED to follow through with this goal!

Cursif Signature

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I might have to look into it especially as we are getting ready to sell our house and look for a bigger "forever" home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I might have to look into this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this post. I am on the same plan. I am gonna purchase this book on my kindle right now this was perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...