February 3, 2013

A Day of Planning

I spent all day yesterday printing, cutting and filing my coupons, meal planning and making my grocery list. I really need to start working on coupons daily instead of once or twice a week. It adds up fast! However, even though it takes time to do all of this, it’s so worth it to not have to struggle trying to figure out what’s for dinner and my bank account really likes it when I use my coupons!

I struggled with this meal plan for some reason. I think it’s because we are beef eaters and with the cost of beef so high right now, I’m looking to make more chicken dishes. I’m also not a fan of ground turkey but I may be checking prices on it during my trip to the grocery store this week.

Bi-Monthly Meal Planning

  • Sunday – Monterey BBQ Chicken / Mashed Potatoes / Green Beans
  • Monday – Taco Salad
  • Tuesday – Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken / Rice / Green Beans
  • Wednesday – Pizza (Frozen)
  • Thursday – Bacon Ranch Chicken / Peas
  • Friday – Tacos
  • SaturdaySlow Cooker BBQ Chicken / Sweet Potatoes / Green Beans
  • SundaySlow Cooker Fiesta Chicken (I’m thinking this would be good as a burrito)
  • Monday – Hamburgers / Sweet Potato Fries
  • Tuesday – Beef Enchiladas / Beans & Rice / Queso
  • WednesdaySweet & Sour Chicken / Fried Rice
  • Thursday – Cheesy Enchilada Skillet
  • Friday – Hawaiian BBQ Chicken (haven’t decided on sides with this yet)
  • Saturday – Pizza

There are only a handful of ingredients I need to pick up for this menu. Most of my grocery list is stocking up on snacks, a few toiletries and household items. Oh and meat. I have enough for a week but will need to get some more for the second week.

I also did a little bit of blog post planning yesterday. Now that I’m walking three days a week, I’ve been having to adjust to my new schedule. I think I’m getting back into the swing of things so you’ll start to see blog posts from me more frequently. Most of the topics are related to organizing and my plan to get completely organized in 2013. This includes the progress I made in the month of January.

If you are a bi-monthly meal planner like me, you can snatch my free menu planner HERE.
To catch up on my Organizational Goals for 2013, go HERE.

Cursif Signature

1 comment:

  1. Do you print your coupons from websites or anything? If so what are your recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...