January 10, 2013

Organizational Goals

Since I made organization one of my goals for this year, I decided to sit down and write out a schedule with deadlines. I’ve given myself a month to complete each room. I think that’s pretty doable plus I might only have about 9 months to get it all done. ;)

Organization Goals 2013

I’m a little embarrassed publishing these pictures. Just know that my laundry room is not always that messy. :)

Here’s my schedule:

January – Office/Mudroom

I have piles of paper all over our office. On the filing cabinet, on the desk and mini piles on our bookshelf. I hate filing.

Speaking of files…the files in the filing cabinet need to be cleaned out as well. I think this is the reason why the office is so bad. I try to go through the existing files to make room for the new paper and I just get overwhelmed and then quit. Hence, the piles of paper.

February – Dining Room

We have a buffet and a built in china cabinet in our dining room. I’ve already started working on these to make room for some things that needed to be moved from somewhere else. There’s not much to do but it’s going to take some thought to make the best use of the space.

March – Man cave

This room is going to be a doozy. If we have another child(ren), my craft room will have to be combined with the man cave. James is definitely not a fan of this idea but we only have 3 bedrooms and one of them is currently my craft room so there is no other option.

April – craft room

Oh boy. March and April are going to kick my booty. Since the girls were born, my craft room has become the catch all room. You guys, the girls are 18 MONTHS OLD! Do you have any idea how much stuff is now piled in my craft room?? It ain’t pretty. Honestly, I’m a little scared to tackle this room. And to make matters worse, it has a walk in closet that is FULL!

Did I mention this room will be the new nursery? So sometime in these 7 months I’ll also need to get this room furnished and decorated.

May – play area

Remember when I said we only had 3 bedrooms? Yeah, that means we don’t have a play room and guess where the play room is located. Yup! In the living room…or rather an area off the living room…with no walls or doors to separate it from the living room.

We have grand ideas for this space that involves a road trip to IKEA sometime in April. I am so looking forward to having this space organized to where I can hide all the toys when they’re not played with.

June – Kitchen

I’m already having issues with our kitchen. I’d love to have all new kitchen cabinets but it’s going to be quite a while before that happens so I need to make the best use of the space. I’m thinking first I’ll purge then I’ll add some pull outs & such. I’m still looking for a solution for the cabinets that go back into the corners. Surely they make pull outs for these type of cabinets.

July – Laundry Room

Again, the cabinets are my main issue in here. We have two very tall cabinets above the washer & dryer and one under our sink. The shelving in these cabinets are horrible. There are 3 short shelves in one and only one shelf in the other.

I will also be moving a cabinet from my craft room into the laundry room to add some storage…specifically some more pantry space for things like cleaning and paper products.


So that’s my plan. Hopefully I can get it all done. I’d LOVE to be able to get it all done before adding more kiddos to the house.

I’ll be posting my progress in the following months and I'll share all the tricks I’ve learned along the way!

Cursif Signature

4 comments:

  1. Not one single baby thing has made it up to our attic. It's all sitting on the lounge chair in the guest room. Evie is almost two. Like you said, that's a lot of crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan. Be sure & stop by my house when you are done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told the hubs I am on operation organaztion this year as well! What a great list you have girl! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have your work cut out for you. It is great to start with a plan. Good luck!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...