January 1, 2013

Focus

My one little word for 2013 is FOCUS. It encompasses many things for my life.

My mind is constantly going…I am constantly going.  I like many women try to multi-task. It works, but I sometimes miss out on things. I’m always thinking about what I need to do next. I have trouble slowing down…slowing my mind down. I long to have chunks of time to focus on specific things…spending time with God, my children and my husband, working on my house, my blog and my Etsy shop.

Focusing on my time with God is at the top of my list for this year. I tend to go in spurts with reading my bible and spending time in prayer. I’d really like to make it a constant thing. I know in my heart that if I do this, all of the things I list below will fall into place. (Note to self: make a daily reminder for this.)

I want to focus on the girls this year…especially since we may be adding more babies. I want to spend time working with them in some developmental areas and even just play. Scheduling some one on one time with each of them is also one of my goals this year.

James and I will be married 16 years this coming May. Despite the fact that we’ve just started adding children, our relationship has become…well…let’s just say we’ve reached old married couple status. I’m not exactly sure how to go about it with kids…and being pregnant with more kid(s) but I need want to focus on our relationship this year.

God willing, if we have more kids (do you see a theme here?), I MUST get this house in order. We need to do a lot of purging and organizing and consolidating. The room that will be the next nursery was my craft room and is now a catch-all room. It’s a nightmare. There’s literally a narrow path around the room. Somehow, I am going to have to figure out how to move my craft supplies up to the man cave/theatre room without making it look like I’ve taken the room over. The kitchen needs some organization along with the cabinets in both bathrooms, the coat closet, the cabinets in the laundry room and our home office. Ugh, the home office. I HATE that room. So much paper that I have no idea what to do with. It’s just so overwhelming. Can I just turn it into a mudroom like it should be and just throw all the paper away? No? Fine.

Now let’s talk about this blog and my Etsy shop. These two are the places I go to when I need some down time. They are my creative outlets and help me stay sane…unless I have a deadline that is approaching at warp speed and I am unable to find any “down” time to work on either. I’m seriously at a crossroads here. I will probably always blog but I have been contemplating shutting down my Etsy shop for quite a while now. I love designing though. I love that it’s a creative outlet that allows me to be in the same room as my family. However, on my break over Christmas, I’ve come to realize that I really don’t enjoy the late, late nights trying to meet deadlines. My goal of FOCUS on this can go either way at this point. I just need to figure out which path to take.

Sorry for the rambling on that last point. It’s just been laying heavy on my heart for months now and not having a solution that I am at peace with is agonizing.

So can you guess what my blog posts will be about this year? ;)

I sincerely hope to learn something from this and maybe, just maybe, if I share my journey, I can help some other frazzled moms out there.

Cursif Signature

 

5 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and following along on your journey so hope you continue :) It helps to read about other (twin) Moms too so I feel normal! Ha! Praying for you guys as you start IVF again...I know fertility is not easy. We will probably start it at some point this year too so will love following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend a few minutes (about 20) with my girls reading a short devotional story, following up reading related scripture, and practicing my young school aged daughters scripture verse (she has a new verse to memorize for school every month). My 4yr old has even memorized them every month. This year we recite all of them for every month each night . Didn't know they would be able to retain all that but so far so good. It is nice for the girls to just grow up knowing to spend time with God everyday and if I don't get my alone time with God for the day at least I have spent a little time in the word. Weekends get hard sometimes but atleast we get 5 days a week in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Focus -- that's a really great word for 2013. I still haven't picked my word for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word for 2013! And you have such an awesome year ahead of you, I can see that!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...