January 8, 2013

Best Laid Plans

Sometimes the best laid plans just don’t work out.

I had this week all planned out. I was excited about actually getting back to being organized. I had my meal plan all done, my blog posts planned out and having my errands and outings scheduled.

And then, I got sick…very sick with a nasty stomach bug. I woke up around 2am yesterday morning when it hit. James stayed home to take care of the girls and I spent the day trying to recover.

I was still feeling a little iffy last night but thought if I had a good night’s sleep, I would be ok and James could go back to work. We planned to just see how I was this morning.

Then at 2am this morning, Tillie woke up sick. The same nasty bug had hit once again. I think we finally fell asleep around 6:30 this morning.

Thankfully, Tensley slept through all the sickie drama with Tillie. However, she was awake and ready to go at 8:30 this morning. James got up with her and Tillie and I went back to sleep. We woke up around 11am.

Today Tillie and I have been in recovery mode. James, the rock star hubby and daddy, has been cleaning, disinfecting and doing laundry as none of us had any clean clothes or linens.

We’re still in recovery mode. I’m hoping we all get a good night’s sleep and no one wakes up sick tonight.

The girls turned 18 months yesterday and I had a Tuesday Toddler post planned for today. It will have to happen another day.

Sometimes the best laid plans just don’t work out. I still get a little stressed about it but now that I’m a mom, I’m learning to let it go because you just can’t control some things….like nasty stomach bugs.

Cursif Signature

 

2 comments:

  1. I am so Thankful for a Rockstar hubby too. Especially when the sickies hit :)

    Hopefully they're all gone for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your hearts! I am glad you are on the mend now!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...