December 17, 2012

Holiday Decor with Toddlers

Decorating for Christmas with toddlers this year has been hard. Of course it’s natural for curious hands to want to touch and feel everything but pulling a tree down on top of them is not a good thing.
If you saw my post on Friday, you know about the baby gates around our 2 trees. They aren’t very pretty but they are working very well.
I was a little sad when I couldn’t put anything on the end tables or any furniture that the girls could reach for that matter. Lucky for us, we just happened to have purchased a few Christmas toys so I used those for decoration!
I usually put our nativity under the TV so this year I put the girls Little People Nativity there.
Little-People-Nativity
We also got them a Little People Santa train set that I put on one of the end tables. There is also a stuffed Santa and reindeer under the table. 
Little-People-TrainSanta-&-Reindeer

On the other end table, I have some stuffed snowmen that are safe for them to play with.
The last surface I usually decorate is the bookshelf that is in the girls’ play area off of the living room. A few Christmas themed books and my toddler decorating is complete!
Christmas-Bookshelf


1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh!
    All of our breakables are out of reach of the toddler. She is into everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...