November 12, 2012

What Pinterest has Taught Me

Sadly I did not do anything crafty or cook/bake any new recipes.

Instead, I went a little techy with my Pinterest to-do list.

First, did you know that the next to the last iPhone update included a kid mode for your phone?!

What is this you ask? Well, it gives you the ability to lock into an app so your kids cannot exit out and do things like…oh I don’t know, delete your apps, take pictures, play your turn on Draw Something…

To turn this feature on, be sure you have updated your phone to the latest version. (I think this became available in iOS 6) and then follow the instructions below.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
General Settings Accessibility Accessibility Guided Access

Toggle the Guided Access switch to ‘On’
Guided Access On

You will also need to set a passcode to be able to turn the Guided Access off when in an app.

You can thank me for this by sending chocolate. ;)

Thanks to Pinterest I also learned about Snapwidget and Add This. With Snapwidget you can embed a widget of your Instagram pictures on your blog/website. Add this lets you create a widget with follow buttons for all your social media accounts.

The last thing I learned from Pinterest recently is how to create circular text in Photoshop Elements. If you use Elements 9 or older versions, then you know that this is not a feature of the program. This tutorial shows you a work around in Elements.

Ok, enough with the boring techy stuff. Let’s find out who won the Fall Wreath made by Moi!

Fabulous-Fall-Wreath

And the winner is……………………………………………………………………..

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Congrats Sarah E.! Email me your address and I’ll get this sent to you ASAP!

Cursif Signature

3 comments:

  1. Even though I didn't win your wreath, I still pink puffy heart you and SO appreciate this post! I laughed out loud when I read.. "play your turn on Draw Something." Dying. Ha! Carter is notorious for deleting my apps EVERY TIME. I can't wait to try this! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, too bad my names not Sarah E :)

    I'm pinning this for when I get an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUCH a great tip!! I'm so glad they finally made this functionality. Thanks so much for linking up! Sorry I'm just now getting around to checking them out. :)
    PS - LOVE that wreath!! You're so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...