November 17, 2012

Not So Extreme Couponing


Disclaimer: I am by no means an extreme couponer. I don’t hoard food in my garage, under my kids beds or in my storm shelter. Also, in case you don’t already know this, the TV show does not represent true life. In fact, those stores bend their rules just for the show.

When posting pictures of my shopping trips, I get many questions on how I do it. I’m by no means an expert (I’m actually still learning!) but I thought I would share my knowledge.

Not So Extreme Couponing

Do you spend time clipping coupons and then get frustrated when you go to the store and you’ve only saved a few dollars? Do you go to the store without a list and end up spending way more than you thought you would? Are you ready to start eating Mac and Cheese and sandwiches because you’re tired of all of your money going toward groceries?

If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, keep reading.

When I took a coupon class a couple years ago, I realized I had been going about using coupons the wrong way.

The key to couponing is planning. It take a little bit of work (quite a bit in the beginning) but once you’ve done it for a few weeks, you’ll have it down to a science.

On Saturdays in December, I’m going to do continue this series on how to get started in couponing.

If you have any specific topics you would like for me to cover, please leave me a comment or email me.

Until then, I’m going to give you a little bit of homework….

1. Make a list of meals that you prepare and then from that list, make a list of ingredients needed for those meals.

2. Go back to the last couple of months and add up how much you’ve spent on groceries. Now think of how much you’d like to reduce that amount (Even if it’s only $25 or $50…you have to start somewhere!)

Be sure to come back December 1st and learn how to get started just in time for the new year!

Cursif Signature

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to get ideas abt this! I try to save where I can but havent had success with couponing- just meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this series. I've recently gotten married and have been wanting to start couponing for awhile but really don't know where to start! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...